CORE (Church Of Resurrection Essentials) is responsible for things such as planning events and providing hospitality for the congregation and seeking out missions within the community. The committee meets once a month.
The committee is responsible for coordinating many parish activities such as:
- Coordinating Sunday morning coffee hour and Wednesday night fellowship dinners.
- In February the parish paired Super Bowl with our friendly Chili Cook-off competition. Cupcake grams were also prepared and distributed to Valentine’s Day sweeties.
- With the help of the men of the parish, we ate pancakes together for Shrove Tuesday in March. Additionally, we enjoyed corned beef and cabbage on St. Patrick’s Day.
- Easter fell in April and we had a wonderful Brunch between our sunrise and Easter morning service.
- The men of the parish helped to make a wonderful Mother’s Day brunch in May.
- June brought the Father’s Day picnic and we celebrated the Sunday school year.
- In July, parish members met at the East Fishkill Recreation Facility to enjoy a free concert by the Hot Rod Band.
- We had a grand time at the pig roast in August and were thrilled to have the Steel Passion drum band back. Again, many guests from outside the parish joined in the fun. Taking advantage of another of August’s hot summer nights, we enjoyed an outdoor movie night on the church grounds.
- September brought Resurrection’s presence at community day. The theme revolved around our World Vision Sponsorship from which games for the children were created. Our annual tag sale was a great success thanks to the help of many volunteers.
- In October, the vestry, as a fundraising effort, again held a dinner dance at Daddy O’s. What a wonderful fun event this was.
- Our first wine tasting was held in November. The vestry, in their fundraising efforts, again outdid themselves. Fine wines were paired with complimentary foods. Bottles and cases of wine were ordered and delivered in time for Thanksgiving dinner.
- In December we gathered in the undercroft on the first Sunday in Advent to make our annual Advent wreaths. Before Christmas the congregation joined in the greening of the church.